2012-01-01

Day 1 Record the Advantages of Losing Weight

So here we go. Day 1 is not off to a great start in terms of following a diet through consistently. However I did a lot of walking and cleaning and didn't really eat a lot of crap. I have a sore throat and am not fully prepared yet to kick start the healthy eating but straight after work tomorrow I'm off to the shops to stock up.

Today I ate two bowls of pasta, I drank very little water and a cup of coffee, promise tomorrow will be better.

Calories Consumed ?
Calories Burned       2180
Current Weight        138

My goal weight is actually 100lbs which is appropriate for my height, however this is towards the lower end of the BMI, so I will stop losing weight when I am happy. I just like 100 as a number. Here is my Day 1 picture, which I am HUGELY embarrassed about, but I have to do this and see it through. I will never ever be fatter than this!

 ********** Updated 21/01/12

The Beck Diet Solution

So today I again am starting the Beck Diet Solution. Again, I know but since I'm sticking to a new plan I thought I could also do this. I mentioned this in a previous post but I will recap here. 

So the Beck Diet Solution is a book which uses Cognitive Therapy to teach you to 'think like a thin person'. I have seen it recommended on many forums and boards and seems to get results. I like their approach of setting you one task everyday to complete for 6 weeks to teach you all the skills that you need to 'think like a thin person'.

Since I am posting every day anyways with regards to my diet, I thought I may as well post my progress with the Beck Diet also. So  as mentioned before the first week doesn't start you on a diet straight away, it looks like it just creates a basic platform and teach you tools for tackling a healthier lifestyle and difficult situations. So I need to get my motivation up! 

Day 1 Record the Advantages of Losing Weight

So I'm on day one and today's take is to ponder the advantages of dieting and write out a list of advantages. The are to get you motivated and get you thinking about the benefits of following through with the 'Diet' (I still don't like that word, but for now it will do). Soooo here's my list:

- I'll be more confident
- I'll be more attractive and look better
- I won't feel so self-conscious
- I'll feel better physically
- I'll be healthier
- I'll like myself better
- I will have accomplished something important
- I'll feel in control

Now the book asks that you review this as many times a day as you can at least twice a day. They ask you to write it out and have a copy in your bag, your wallet, on your bathroom mirror anywhere that you might look. I have decided to have a copy in my hand bag and the other on this blog as I do spend some time here.

The book urges that you read through the list especially when you are having a tough time with diet or exercise and to continue reading the list until the 6 week plan is over .

1 comment: