2012-01-03

Day 3 - Sacred Heart Diet Day 1 - Sit Down to Eat

So I am sick today, some sort of Sinusitis and Bronchitis. But I still powered through, I continued with the Sacred Heart Diet, today I ate the following:

Breakfast
Water Mellon
Espresso (added a little sweetener)

Snacks
Watermelon
Blueberries
Raspberries

Lunch
The Soup

Dinner
Watermelon
More Soup

I also drank a lot of Green tea and went to the loo a lot. I had to add  little sweetener to make it taste better. I know my food plan today look really boring but it was OK, I didn't struggle and it really made me see how much food I eat all the time. I think I did well, I was a little hungry today but it was manageable. I enjoyed the soup and fruit but am looking forward to the veg tomorrow.

I lent my FitBit to a friend so I am not sure exactly how many calories were burned or steps were taken. But I'm taking things easy right now as I am sick.

Starting weight before Sacred Heart Diet 138.0 lbs

********** Updated 21/01/12

The Beck Diet Solution

Day 3 Sit Down to Eat

So this is the goal of day 3 'Sit Down to Eat' this is going to be a problem. I usually don't sit to eat, its just more convenient not too. Life is so busy. Judith ask you to examine why you don't sit down to eat...

- Life is too busy
- Its convenient
- I have to take the food before I serve it
- Its just a little thing and doesn't count as a meal

These are my excuses, so she then makes the point that we need to MAKE time to sit down. It is not only just to sit down and eat, but sitting down to eat makes you more conscious of the amount of times you eat a day. It makes you realize all the times you eat things as a 'Snack' that you never realised before. I noticed that it makes me question if I even want the snack and sit down or if I'm not hungry and just doing it out of habit.

At first I thought is was a silly unnecessary task but now its helping me cut out some unnecessary snacking and making me conscious of when I am eating. She asks that you continue this along with reading your motivation list everyday until the end of the 6 week plan. I will try my best to stick to it.
If I don't have time to sit and eat I must make time or eat later. This is not on optional task, it is mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment