2012-01-27

Day 26 Recognise Thinking Mistakes.

Still 128 today.

I feel a little guilty over the little cheats Ive had here and there. I mean I never fell off the wagon and kept up the exercise. But I do need to maintain self control. I guess this has been different as usually I would just have quit, and this is the only time I have persisted. But in no way am I ready to eat 'freely' by that I mean without having someone tell me specifically what to eat and when..

I need to learn and re-programme myself.

I went to the Gym and did a Pump and Tone workout and then I did Ab Attack. It was hard but really really good. I'm glad I did it. But I have to say it does add lot of stress on. I finish with the Gym by 8:00 now and I get picked up for work at 8:15. This means I have 15 minutes to shower, change, make up, hair and grab luch. I have breakfast at work these days. Ah well, its the price I have to pay.

The Beck Diet Solution

I can see myself already thinking that this 6 week beck solution is going to be too short. I think its really good and its retraining me, but I think I need to do it twice and make it a 12 week programme. This is because I'm starting to fall out of the habit of eating slowly or eating less, little things. And I am 100% sure that if I don't keep on top of it they'll all build up and ruin my weight loss. Right now the book is like a crutch to keep me on track and focused. At this point I am half way through and don't think that in the next three weeks Ill have learned all the skills I need to.


I mean the book says to keep it up and keep following the rules. But I think the book will slowly catch dust and I will gain weight. I will start the book again at step one when I finish it, just as a refresher. I don't think I'll write about it there every day unless I come to some revelation.


Recognise Thinking Mistakes

This one is a little confusing to me, I understand it but cant quite put my finger on a good example that's relevant to me. Ok try this:

I'm asleep and my alarm rings, I wake up and think 'Id love to sleep in more' (which is not a wrong thought) and then I think 'I went to the gym yesterday, I don't really need to go today' (This is the Thinking Mistake)

The example used by the book is with food:

'Id really like that pizza, I bet it would be delicious' (this is most likely the truth) and then you think 'Im really hungry, I need to have some' (This is the thinking mistake)

The book wants you to be wary when you do have these thoughts. Consider them and really see if they are true or mistakes. This is important, because we 'over weight' people are really really good at rationalizing our choices. And I have to say that this has every time been the cause of a diet failing and me piling on the pounds even more than before. I don't blame anyone but myself, this time will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment