2012-01-23

Day 23 Counter the Unfairness Syndrome

Hi all, I'm 128 lbs today, no change.

I went to the gym this morning for my Spin class which was great :) However not long after my workout from yesterday kicked my ass, my legs are stiff, my shoulders are stiff, my back is stiff. Wow, that was an intense workout! I'm an definitely feeling it now. I am not sure what to do tomorrow if I still feel this stiff, I dont want to make it any worse. So since the only thing that doesn't hurt is my core I might just do a lengthy core workout.... I hate core but it might be the only option.

I'm doing OK today other than that. Just getting on with work, I have also basically run out of everything in the house in terms of food, so I must get a few bits after work. Still looking forward to oats and potatoes on Friday. Yummy.

The Beck Diet Solution

Counter the Unfairness Syndrome

So today the books discusses that feeling when everyone around you is gorging on amazing fatty sugary foods and you cant have any of them, feeling sorry for yourself. I have to say I am sooooooo guilty of this especially around my boyfriend as he is stick thin and eats heaps of garbage all the time.

The book basically says tough luck, the world isn't a fair place. I think thats quite harsh, but I'm the one who put me in this position so its my responsibility to get myself back out of it. If saying no to some cookies is what i have to do then so be it, its a small price to pay for my health. The last thing I would want is to screw up my diet because of a cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzie, thanks for the comment. I know, I've been avoiding core and ab work. But its getting to the stage where have to make a change as its the only part of my body not getting a proper workout. I had a quick look at the link, soooo helpful. As when I try to do abs I do some crunches and give up :( Thanx for the tips.

    I kind of have started yesterday doing core workouts after spinning class as they usually do something like Ab attack for 15 minutes after. Ill let you know how that goes....

    ReplyDelete