2012-01-05

Day 5 Eat Slowly and Mindfully

Another really sick day! I promise I will fill these in soon with further into. So today is fruit and veg day, no loss though :( maybe its because I'm sick though.

136.2 again

******

Edited on the 06/01/12

So Today was fruit and veg, which again was not too bad. I'm handling this really well, usually id be halfway through a jar of Nutella now.I guess I keep looking at the fatty pictures of me and thinking that: I'm eating enough food to keep me going and its only for a few more days :)

So I had lots of water Mellon and carrots, and because I was sick I lost my appetite so I didn't eat my soup for lunch. I know that's bad but I was so ill I couldn't eat. I went home and had my potato :)

No loss :( I blame the potato

********** Updated 21/01/12

The Beck Diet Solution

Day 5 Eat Slowly and Mindfully


Judith mentions that there are two reasons for this, the first is that when you eat slowly your brain has enough time to tell you that the stomach is full. It can take the body up to 20 minutes to realise this. So in this way you can avoid over eating. The second reason is that instead of chowing down the food mindlessly you can enjoy and savour every bite and the food will taste better.

I was shocked to find how little food actually filled me up! What a surprised that only a small amount of fruit, veg and soup filled me for the day.

 The way that I decided to do this was to set up the table nicely using place mats, napkins nice tableware and cutlery. It made the whole experience much more enjoyable. I also had to put my spoon down every time between slurps as I often forgot to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment