2012-01-03

Day 2 Commit to a Diet Plan

So I had to work today which put a little spanner in the works for my 'Start Day', however all the preparations are now complete.

I have decided to kick start my little revolution with the Sacred Heart Diet. This is not a recommended diet in the medial work, however I am not looking to do this for any extended time, just the 7 days. I think it will be a great detox to start the new year with. It is basically just like the cabbage soup diet, where you eat a lot of soup and fruit and veg. I just made the soup YAY :). Here's some pictures




So today I ate a bread roll with sausage and hash brown, pasta bolognaise and some nachos. Not great, i know, but it all kicks off tomorrow.

Steps about 6000
Weight Still 138.0 lbs

********** Updated 21/01/12

The Beck Diet Solution

Day 2 Commit to a Diet Plan

So this is the fun part where we get to think about in what way we would like to lose weight. Firstly a primary diet is chosen, this is the main diet you will stick to and then a back up diet is chosen in case you falter on the first one and don't go on a binge. This is in case you slip-up on the first one you will not fall off the wagon and binge but instead continue with a different modified diet plan. Its so that if the first plan just isn't working for you can fall back on the backup plan.


Judith (the author) ask you to chose your two diets (I prefer the word 'Plans' more) carefully, so as not to set yourself up for failure before you have even started. She says to plan modifications into the 'Plan' so that when an on the spot decision comes along you do not deviate from the plan.

So here are my choices:

- The 17 Day Diet and Gym

- Weight Watchers/Calorie Counting and Gym

I chose the 17 Day Diet and exercise as my main diet-  as I have heard that the diet is easy to follow and promises results.

I can use the info from my fitbit and bodpod meeting to figure out what I need to do.  I will use regular weigh ins and measurements as motivation also.

I think that weight watchers/calorie counting is a great plan to fall back on as its a little simpler than calories counting and its a good place to fall back on as it can be a bit more easy going. Calorie Counting is the most merited and advised way to control wight loss and maintain the lost weight. There is a lot of research and information including studies and online tools that can help you to lose weight. There are also lots of books and such that can educate on this subject and one cam make it strict or easy as they like. Sometimes the calorie counting gets heavy and meticulous so weight watchers is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment