2012-01-27

Day 27 Master the Seven Question Technique

I LOST 1.8 lbs :)

Yay I now weigh 126.2 lbs :) Which I think is funny since I feel kinda chubby and bloated today. I did note that I was really busy yesterday and did not really get to eat a dinner. So my thoughts are that I might start having my dinner earlier, like 6pm and have a small snack later it might be helpful and not cause the food to just sit in my stomach all night.

I went to the Gym this morning and did a Spin class. It was tough, mainly strength based. And then I went on and did a class called BodySculpt. It was basically a strength/toning workout using dumbbells. We did squats, lunges, sit ups, crunches, leg raises, biceps, triceps, everything. I'm feeling it right now in my quads and I'm hoping that by tomorrow Ill be fine again to do Hydrorider.

I have to say I am so proud of myself and I don't see myself stopping soon. I have lost 11.8 lbs on this diet, that's amazing, and I'm not struggling. I'm a little impatient with the loss, but that's natural. I cant wait to get to my goal fast enough. However I can see my body being less bloated and toning up a little bit. Also I have not once on this plan gained. SUCCESS!

I mean I have a few days where I know Ill be eating the wrongs foods but just a little, valentines day pancakes, this Saturday my social groups 3rd birthday (Ill have a nibble on what ever is there), but I will be careful. I have done weight loss diets and such before and been totally strict 100% of the time, and its hard especially at birthdays and special events and I found that 1st I was miserable and jealous of people eating, and 2nd it would put a bitter taste into the diet, something that was causing me pain and not happiness. The diet would always in the end fail. But this time if i allow myself a little of the prohibited food in a controlled way I will stick to the diet and wont feel jealous or left out.

My goals are to try and make this healthy way of eating my normal eating and the exercise to be normal. I cant just stop when the weight is lost. The goal is not just weight loss but more so even its maintainace. The scary part is not when will I lose the weight, but how will I keep it off and stop it from happening again.

The 17 Day Diet ACTIVATE

That's it 17 days of the accelerate cycle are completed and I am now on the activate plan. Well I actually didn't have enough cash to go shopping for food for today, but I just got paid so starting with the activate plan tomorrow.

This time around I alternate between one day of accelerate and one day of activate. The difference with the activate plan are that there are further lean meat options such as pork, lamb and beef. There are also grains, pulses and starchy vegetables such as porridge grains, basmati rice, kidney beans and potato, amongst others. The rest of the diet is more or less the same. I can have 2 portions of carbs a day (on activate days) and 2 portions of fruit. So my choice is porridge in the morning with blueberries and for lunch wither a baked potato with mince and beans or a salad with mince and rice and kidney beans. Something like that... I cant wait :)

The Beck Diet Solution

Master the Seven Question Technique

Today the book asks you to review your most common sabotaging thoughts and write responses to each thought using the 7 question technique. The questions include:

What is your thinking mistake?
What is the evidence that the thought is untrue?
Is there another way of looking at it?
What is the most realistic outcome of the situation?
What is the outcome for either solution?
What would I tell someone else in my position?
What should I do now?

My sabotaging thoughts:

- Ah, I deserve that cake as I went to the gym today
The Mistake here is that going to the gym does not allow me to have cake. The evidence that this thought is untrue is that because I eat cake I have to now go to the gym. I am the evidence. The other way of looking at this is that I can have a healthy snack I enjoy instead. The realistic outcome is that I'll over eat, feel guilty and ultimately give up. The outcome of not having cake is being proud of myself, not compromising my weight loss and continuing my journey. I would tell someone else that its not worth it. And now I will not have the cake or just a little slice!

- I don't have to go to the gym, my legs hurt.
The Mistake here is that going to the gym is important and I cannot miss it for most reasons. The evidence that this thought is untrue is that its not OK to miss the gym if my legs hurt as I can still do arm and core exercises. The other way of looking at this is that I can just take a break for one day and get back on track after that. The realistic outcome is that is that I will find another excuse not to go the next day and the next until I wont need an excuse anymore. The outcome of going to the gym is being proud of myself, not compromising my weight loss and continuing my journey and toning also. I would tell someone else that its not worth it, just go, it'll be over in an hour. And now I will go to the gym!
- Its not fair that everyone gets to eat what they want. Its not fair.  
The Mistake here is that everyone gets to eat what they want because they are either not dieting or careful other times and can therefore afford to eat what they like. The evidence that this thought is untrue is that I am in this position because I over ate its only fair that I under eat now. Its all about balance. The other way of looking at this is that I can just have a little to satisfy me and let me know that I'm not missing anything special. The realistic outcome is that a small bit will not satisfy me and I will want and eat more, making me more miserable or causing me to over eat. The outcome of not getting jealous and giving yourself credit is that I wont over eat and will hopefully not be miserable. I would tell someone else that its not going to help your journey and you will be more proud if you don't over eat of feel jealous. And now I will no longer feel jealous and instead see that its only fair and proud of myself for getting over myself.

- Its a special occasion, so Ill only cheat today.
The Mistake here is that cheating today is still cheating and not allowed. The evidence that this thought is untrue is that just because I only cheat on one day it has in the past lead to much more frequent cheating and ultimately compromise the diet. The other way of looking at this is that I can have a little of the 'bad' food and be sure its just a one off and will eat healthily all other times. The realistic outcome is that I'll crave that kind of food more and ultimately give up. The outcome of not cheating is being proud of myself, not compromising my weight loss and continuing my journey. I would tell someone else that its not worth it or that they can have a little but do realise that it is a one off. And now I will make sure I am in control of what I eat and my cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment