2012-01-09

Day 9 - End of Sacred Heart Diet - Select an Exercise Plan

So Ive lost 2 more lbs Yay 132 lbs :) So 6 lbs so far :)

I'm a little worried about today, the diet says that you are allowed as much brown rice and vegetables as you like. I'm not sure if I like this because the diet has in no way taught me self control and since Ive been deprived from carbs for 6 days I could eat A LOT of rice.

I'm not sure how to handle this, Ive lost 6lbs and I don't want to ruin this. In the morning I've had a half cup of boiled rice loaded with grated carrot and broccoli. I also added a little light soy sauce, pepper and lighter and light mayo. I only managed to eat half of that. I think I'm weighing in on the cautious side.




I'm going for a long walk now and then going to go to the gym. I'm going to do my first real workout of the year lifting weights and some cardio. I'm actually looking forward to it. My problem with working out is always the motivation of getting up to go. Once I'm there I love it, its just getting the motivation to go that I need to work on.

So I went ti the gym and loved it. I worked hard. Also I ended up having another small bowl  of the vegetable rice. I'm really scared of whats going to happen tomorrow with the new diet. I just hope I don't pile it all back on.

********** Updated 21/01/12

The Beck Diet Solution

Day 9 Select an Exercise Plan


I have this one down already. I'm a member of a state of the art gym, pool, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi,cardio, weights, 52 classes a week :)

Judith make some of the following points. Exercise helps you stick to your diet, because you worked so hard for it , you wont want to over eat or binge after wards. Apparently it has been said that exercise controls appetite, I have not yet experienced this. However I can say that it speeds up metabolism, which is great. I have found that after working out I have loads of energy and am in a good mood so that's a great thing. On the other hand though I am so tired by 10 I gotta go to sleep. And Ill tone up Woo Hoo.

So I started by getting an appointment with my personal trainer at the gym, he showed me the difference machines and such and worked out a plan for me. I did this for a little while but have now moved onto classes. They push me harder and get me more motivated to keep pushing. I really feel like I'm achieving something. The next thing I'm doing is walking where ever it is possible to walk to, I walk every where, I avoid public transport and drop of the DVD across town by hand. I do my shopping and carry it all back. |I take the stairs not the lift. This is where the FitBit really comes in handy, its so motivating seeing all the steps add up bit by bit. Every little helps.
When trying to lose weight the focus should be 80% diet and 20% exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment