2012-01-25

Day 24 Deal with Discouragement

Still 128 :)

Today was difficulty I was still way sore and there was so way I could handle Boxercise. My legs,back and arms just needed to recover. SOoooo I got up and went to the gym and did a small ab workout, also I tried to walk a lot to supplement not going to the gym.

I walked 10 000 steps instead, :) and remained on target with food. Hope to lose some lbs soon. I'm looking forward to 125lbs :)

The Beck Diet Solution


Day 24 Deal with Discouragement

So as the title says today is about learning to deal with discouragement, this is important for me. I don't look particularly over weight, well I do in the images posted in this blog, but I manage to prevent myself slimmer in real life, never the less I was about 18 lbs in the over weight category.

This can cause many people who find out about my 'diet' to try and tell me I look fine, you don't need to diet and sooo on. I would more prefer to have people give me constructive criticism that helps me on my path. Lastly, since I have lost 10 lbs now I can see people are a little awkward about it. I mean if I tell people they are almost a little standoff-ish and not really encouraging. Maybe its because their jealous, but if I know someone who was trying to lose weight I would (and do) fully support them, praise them and offer any help they might need. I don't understand how people can be un-supportive when all I am trying to achieve is better health and fitness.

The book however does not only reference being discouraged by others but also by yourself. At fist you have great motivation on your diet but this fades and a voice in your head begins to discourage you, especially when the number on the scale stops dropping. It tells you that you cant do this or a little cheat here and there wont hurt, however it is essential to remain motivated and encouraged. To get back on track talk to your 'Coach', look at some photos of you from before the diet to see how far you've come. That's how I get my motivation back.

As the book says it is also helpful not to look at the bigger picture all the time. Just see how you can get through the day and then tomorrow focus on getting through that day. After a while your motivation will return, but looking at all the hard work still ahead can be daunting and de-motivation. So take it step by step and just focus on what needs to be done next. You WILL get to your goal if you keep going and never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment