2012-01-13

Day 13 - Ranting ... (Sorry) - Overcome Cravings

Still 131.4 lbs :( Come on already!!

I'm just at work, flicking through some forums on the 17 Day Diet. I can see that a lot of people are struggling. Now, I have had no issues with the diet so far, I am perfectly happy with the food and am full most of the time. My current issue is to figure out the best time to eat dinner so its not too early that I get hungry again but that its not too late so I got to bed with a full stomach. Sure, Id like some carbs, like a sandwich, but not having is isn't an issue for me, which is a first as I usually have bread and pasta every day, twice a day.

Some people are really upset about not losing weight after 2 days, others cant cope with the quantity of food or the lack of cabs. I don't have that, I remember last year with the Cambridge Diet I was a lot like that, I invested a lot of emotion into every micro aspect of weight loss.

Right now it seems a little different, I'm taking the diet and going with the flow, following the rules, exercising not over-worrying. Sure I haven't lost for a few days now, and its annoying, but that's ok. I'm doing everything right, eating better and exercising, that in itself is a good thing. Loosing weight is a great bonus and it will follow, maybe it will just take me longer but if I keep doing things right I will lose the lbs.

Maybe its because I did the scared heart diet before hand and prepared my body for a low card low quantity diet or maybe I'm more determined this time around. I realise its not pleasant to reduce the amount I eat, but I'm here to lose weight, I'm only in  this position because I ate so much. It makes sense that now I eat less to get rid of the weight. The 40 lbs didn't not come on over the period of a month, it took about 4 years. So I can expect the weight to just melt off in two weeks. In the past I have moaned about diets and the lack of food you get to eat and fought against it. This time seems different, I know I wont die and that I just have to bite my lip and get on with it and if I think about it I'm not actually hungry, and if I am there are some foods that I can eat. I am trying to take this in my stride and forget its there, focus on life and getting healthy. I have learned that the diet is so much easier if I focus on the good parts and not micro manage all the bad parts.

On a different note:

I realise that I am weighing every day and posting every day. I have no doubt that this will slow down as the diet goes on. Right now I am getting used to it and still excited by the idea. I hope I will continue to post frequently as this motivates me to keep going. I think if I stop posting it will feel a little like losing motivation. But I'm sure it will slow. I wonder if anyone reads  this... either way, its like a diary and helps me to write down my thoughts. It validates them.

********** Updated 21/01/12

The Beck Diet Solution

Day 13 Overcome Cravings


Today is all about cravings. I have to say that so far I'm doing ok, Ive had very little issue with cravings on this diet plan. This hugely surprises me, since I love love love Carbs.

The way to avoid the cravings I have done the following:

-> Focus on what I wish to achieve; think of my goal

-> Why I am in this position now? Because I gave into my cravings, I'm not doing that again!

-> Look how far Ive come! I'm not going to ruin that. 

-> When I crave something I have something healthy instead.

-> Drink a big glass of water.

-> When I have a craving I distract myself by cleaning or being active.

No comments:

Post a Comment