2012-02-08

Day 38 Deal with Plateau

I'm 124 lbs :)

I was kind of worried as I cheated a little last night with some ice cream. My boyfriend and I went for a long walk and then I got us some ice cream. I went for the dark chocolate. YUMMY. I worked hard not to gain any weight and drank lots of water. I have to get back on track and step it up. I want a loss this week!

Well we'll see. I was good. Went to the gym... ate a little chicken Curry with potato which was not allowed, so instead I skipped my snack and had a small dinner.

The Beck Diet Solution

Deal with Plateau

Oh gosh, I need help with this. I have dieted numerous times before and failed every time when a plateau came about. I have such little will power. Plateaus happen all the time, due to water retention, lack of exercise, over eating, under eating, time of month and many many more.

The book does not really tell you how to combat them but more to expect them and realise that you cannot avoid them. They are a normal part of dieting. Which they are and I'm probably a little more pro active with regards to them. If I'm not losing I usually know why, I know its because I'm slowly going off my food plan, have too many little cheats or not going to the gym.

If I hit a plateau and I know that I have been doing everything right I would probably wait for a few days to a week and if there is still not change I would shake up my food and exercise plan. My body most likely would need some change and is getting complacent so I would increase/change exercise and eat different foods.

Weight loss slowing down is a natural thing, as I get closer to my goal I think it will be harder and harder to shed the excess weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment