2012-02-02

Day 33 Eliminate Emotional Eating

:D :D :D :D 125.8 lbs :) I have lost 2.2 lbs :D

TOMORROW I GO ON THE ACTIVATE PLAN!! Rice, Porridge and Potatoes :)

Its a mates B-Day today so I had a little chocolate cake. It was a tiny tiny slice, however I logged about 500 calories for it, even though it was just a sliver. I'm going to skip my morning and afternoon snack as well as only have a light dinner as a consequence. My hamstrings are super sore so instead of doing Pump and Tone this morning I did brisk walking on an incline on a treadmill instead and Abs Attack. I'm going to take a walk at lunch and after work.

I hope it yet again doesn't ruin any loss. I would actually be so depressed if I have gained, Fingers crossed.

So I was is the gym today. I cant help but look around at some people that are there. I don't know if anyone else does this. And I can see some girls and I envy them, and it motivates me because they are gorgeous and working it and showing me that when/if .. NO WHEN I get to their kind of weight I cant just stop working at it. Its a change of lifestyle, I'll just have to work it into my routine and no stick out like a sore thumb so much!

I have to be one with healthy eating and regular exercise.

The Beck Diet Solution

Eliminate Emotional Eating

Well I don't think emotional eating is really my problem. For me it is mindless or ignorant eating. However, let me continue reading and see how it may apply to me. Apparently boredom eating is also a type of emotional eating BINGO, that's me!

Judith talks about identifying when and why you emotionally eat and then tackle the reason you are eating not that fact that you are eating. For example I eat (graze) when I am bored all the time. I have now started filling this time with cleaning up or going to the shops. As soon as I do something else I forget about food and carry on. However there are those times when I still feel like eating and I then know when a distraction doesn't help that I am indeed actually hungry.

The goal here is to listen to your body, its trying to give you a message and stuffing it with food will not resolve the issue. For example: people who eat when they are angry need to understand and address why they are angry.

The two tips in the book that I have found helpful are don't give yourself a choice (I do this via a rigid eating plan) and imagine the aftermath of giving in (well, we can all see where that got me in the end).

No comments:

Post a Comment