2012-02-06

Day 37 Reduce Stress

Today I weigh 124 lbs :)

I have to say I love my FitBit, I wear it everyday, all day. It doesn't lie to me and tells me everyday what I've eaten and how hard am I working. I can see if I can eat some more or should be more restrictive, but more so I see how many steps I have taken. I usually try to at very least to do 10 000 steps a day, and try and hit the massive calorie burn that they have given me. I usually don't manage to burn that much.

I went to Spin class this morning and the did some form of Body Tone Workout using a stretchy band. I worked quite hard, could have been better, but good for my first time. eating out of bed so early in the morning is beginning to be a challenge, but I've been going to the gym 4 weeks solid now. I cant stop now.

The Beck Diet Solution

Reduce Stress

Judith discuses the fact that stress can stand in the weigh of weight loss and prevent you from being productive. She advises of the following steps to help you reduce steps.

- Make lists and prioritise, write down all the tasks you have to complete and then rank them in terms of importance. Then simply start at the top to complete them.
- Relax, calm down, use and relaxation techniques such as breathing or audio tapes to take you away from a stressful situation.
- Change your mindset, examine why the situation is stressful, is it really worth getting stressed about? Can it be resolved in a more effective way?

Judith mentions that everyone has some 'silly' rules that they live by, such as 'I cant let anyone help me. Its a sign of weakness' or 'I should not let other people down'. Judith asks that we relax these and ask people for help when we need it, no one will think less of us. She asks that you identify your rule and see if you can relax it.

Mine is that people should be able to read my mind. I'm impatient and I expect people to know what I want, how I want it and such. I guess I have to realise that what I am thinking may not be what someone else is thinking, its ok that they did not react the way I wanted and there is not need getting stressed about it or giving them a hard time.

Now I need to put this into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment