2011-11-17

Day 4- Build your Confidence-

To be honest the title shocked me, how am I going to do that in one day? But I'm hoping that this book can give me motivation and confident in myself that I can do this, because honestly I don't think i can right now.

Judith says that you need confidence in your self to lose weight, which I agree with 100%. Knowing you can do it is a huge confidence boost along the way. She tries to instill confidence by giving yourself credit for what your doing. Looking at it at the moment it seems a little silly and not only that it could have the effect of making me complacent.

So here goes:

She wants you to give yourself credit the same way you would a friend. Which is actually a great idea, I don't think I would ever praise myself the way I do other people. It just not my way... especially for little things.

She also says to put on a little bracelet or rubber band and give yourself credit every time you see it.

Everything you do something positive, or don't do something negative, give yourself credit.

Answer back to sabotaging thoughts!

So here it goes:

Well done for not over eating today. Good Job, Anaelle. :)

Ha ha... it still seems a little silly.. but kind of nice too.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Anaelle! I hope this is working well for you.

    I'm writing to ask if you'd post about my doctoral dissertation study. While it's hard losing weight on your own, it's not necessarily easier with a spouse or partner. Sometimes partners/spouses undermine weight loss through acts like complaining about healthier food, gifting high-caloric foods, or even through abusive language/acts. I'm creating an anonymous, online survey to assess for partner undermining and to learn more from those who experience it.

    To be eligible to take the survey, participants need to have experienced this in their current relationship (of at least the past 2 years), and have been participating in a weight loss program for the past 5 consecutive weeks. For more info, see http://tinyurl.com/Clark-Study

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, Im so sorry, I have just seen this comment. I really am an awful blogger. Are you still working on the disertation? How is it going? Do you still need my help?

    ReplyDelete