2011-11-16

My BodPod Experience

So yesterday, I went to UCD- Belfield in Dublin to have a go at the BodPod. This is a machine that you sit into and somehow it measures your body fat percentage and your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) along with some other measureemnts.

I still had to work yesterday, which usually statrs at 9am, so I had to get up really early to go see the BodPod, my appointemnet was at 8. So even at that, with all the rush hour traffic I was still an hour late for work.

When I get there the gentleman asks me to change into shorts and a loose tshirt, he takes my hight and weight and then asks me to put on a swimming cap and sit in the BodPod (there is a picutre of a BodPod below) and then we do the test twice to make sure ots right. The test costs about €65 which is quite steep, but I think it was worth it.

I found out that my body fat percentage is 37%. 30%-40% an excess of fat and over 40% things begin to look grim. Goal one is to drop into the 22%-30% mark which is considered generally healthy.

My estiamted RMR was 1070 calories, so this is what I burn for one day if I do nothing but sit and breath. This leaves my usually daily life, without extercise, at 1327 calories and around 1626 calories. I think the plan is from here to eat 1200 cals a day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment