2011-11-17

The Rules!

Here are the rules I will follow by for this Journey and my life:

- Believe I can do it

- Never Cheat

- Track Everything

- Blog lots

- Don't Give Up/Make it a habit

- Don't just do it for myself

My Thoughts

Believe I cam do it!!! (I'm still working on this one. I think my lack of consistency and regaining has made me lose my motivation, which is terrible. I cannot do this without motivation. I have just ordered a FitBit so this is getting me a little excited and motivated. I think that once I see a loss it will motivate me and keep me going.)

Never Cheat! (If I deviate from the plan I am not allowed to throw in the towel, I am to drop to the back up plan, take it easy and get motivated again to continue on the plan, perhaps it will be time to modify the plan at this stage)

Track everything (Track every calorie that goes in and every calorie that goes out. By this I mean take note of call the calories I eat in a food diary and also keep a note of my calorie expenditure in my exercise diary. I will do this using MyFitnessPall (online calorie/exercise diary) and ALSO using the FitBit and my RMR. Also I will regularly track my weight and measurements on this blog, probably once a week)

Blog Lots (To get motivation, to hold myself accountable. I don't think anyone readers this, which is ok, just the fact that its out there and people can read it make me accountable to all my potential readers. In my dreams I would like to be able to inspire people and myself, that they, and I, can do this. I awe at people who have achieved weight loss goals. But lots of people have loads of weight to lose, I only have 30lbs and am struggling. I need to be able to do this)

Don't Give Up (I have noted, on my journey that one thing I am very good at is giving up. However I am persistent but this time it has to be about consistency. I can say oh this chocolate bar doesn't count . OF COURSE T DOES!! everything counts!! I have to be realistic and consistent these are my friends on this new journey. I have to make it a habit, make exercise and a healthy lifestyle a habit, once it is it'll be easy as pie)

Don't just do it for myself (I have noticed that if I tell myself that I am doing this for someone else I am more likely to not over eat or go to the gym. If I do it for me I can make all sorts of excuses, but if I do it for someone else I cannot make excuses for them. I have asked by BF and my friend if it is ok to make them in charge (a little) of my exercise and food. So every time I don't want to go to the gym or want to over eat
I have to call them and give them my excuses they are then to decide if it is ok for me to do either. I have done this for a while, and maybe its a bad thing but it works for me. And I have noticed slowly that I call them less and less and am able to make the decisions on my own. I'm learning)

No comments:

Post a Comment