2011-11-10

Day 1- Review the Advantages of Dieting

So I'm on day one and today's take is to ponder the advantages of dieting and write out a list of advantages. The are to get you motivated and get you thinking about the benefits of following through with the 'Diet' (i still don't like that word, but for now it will do). Soooo here's my list:

- I'll be more confident
- I'll be more attractive and look better
- I won't feel so self-conscious
- I'll feel better physically
- I'll be healthier
- I'll like myself better
- I will have accomplished something important
- I'll feel in control

So that's my list of motivations :) Now the book asks that you review this as many times a day as you can at least twice a day. They ask you to write it out and have a copy in your bag, your wallet, on your bathroom mirror anywhere that you might look. I have decided to have a copy in my hand bag and the other on this blog as I do spend some time here.

The book urges that you read through the list especially when you are having a tough time with diet or exercise and to continue reading the list until the 6 week plan is over .

Also I just was looking around online and I stumbled across this scary image. There's motivation to lose some weight and get fit. It is an X-ray of an obese person compared to a normal weight person (I think) and i never look at weight loss on the inside. Its important that our internal organs are healthy and not smothered by fat.


As a side note I am honestly not motivated at all, I know I should be but I just cant get into the swing of things. I have tried this so many times before and failed and its not the diet that has failed me it is me that has failed the diet. I just need some will power, eat less and move more. So simple but so difficult also, trying to break life long habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment